Becoming a successful independent insurance agent does not happen overnight. Building a successful business and finding the right clients takes time. Following these 5 tips can lead to success if you have the drive and the know-how of navigating the insurance sales world. So, without further ado, let’s jump right into it! Here are 5 tips for independent insurance agents (or independent insurance broker) to keep in mind.
1. Building rapport is the key to success. Never underestimate the power of building rapport. When you think about business, you think about how you can market to new clients. But you must not forget that retaining past clients (insert backlink) is just as, if not more important, when selling insurance. One of the ways you can retain your clients is to get to know them on a professional and personal level. This will give you a leg up and will set you apart from your competitors.
2. Never stop marketing yourself. You are your best asset. In sales, branding yourself is critical for ongoing success. Your professionality, attitude, knowledge, and reliability are what sets you apart and are the main reasons why a client looking to purchase health or life insurance would decide to continue doing business with you. Present yourself in a way that makes conducting business with you a positive experience.
3. Persist despite all obstacles. The phrase, ‘when the going gets tough, the tough get going’ is spot-on. In the insurance world and sales in general you must come to terms with the fact that rejection comes with the territory. Knowing how to handle rejection and readjusting your pitch is what will bring you one step closer to the coveted ‘yes’.
4. Use available resources. Claro provides you with a Client Tool Kit to improve retention and communication among your clients! You are provided with tools and resources to promote your services on your social media accounts as well as flyers to notify your clients of the Special Enrollment Period, special holidays, and Open Enrollment Season.
5. Join a firm that has your back! Claro has your back 100% of the time! You are provided with an account executive who will provide you with 24/7 support, assistance submitting referrals, tools, resources to help grow your business, and more!
There is no formula for success, but it’s proven that hard work and perseverance go a long way in developing your health insurance business. Claro invests in you to always ensure maximum growth and success.